CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My first blog with long update!

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to my first blog posting! I am very excited to keep you all updated through blogging. I hope that you all are doing wonderful!

All is well at the Ross house! We recently invited my cousin Tyler to stay with us for the summer while he interns for a great company in Lodi. This is his second week here! He has been a delightful addition to our family. Brysen absolutely loves him and calls him "cousin". He is a great sport and plays with both kids and helps with whatever we need!

As you all know Brysen just turned 3. John and I bought him a new big boy bike with training wheels for his birthday. For the first week he wanted nothing to do with it and only wanted to ride the "baby" bikes however last week he surprised us all and took off down the street all on his own. He is now riding around the block daily and has even taken a couple of long rides to Dan Ammas house...That is a pretty long ride for a 3 year old just starting out but he doesn't think anything of it! John follows behind him but I think he may need to start riding his bike as well so he can keep up with him!
Brysen is learning new things everyday and can now count to 12 with no problems, ride his bike all by himself, he really likes to play soccer and baseball. He is getting so big and is super duper smart!
He keeps telling me that he wants to go to school but that won't be until next August. He will do a year of preschool before he goes into Kindergarten! My baby is growing up way to fast!

Addisyn is now 7 months (5 months adjusted) and is doing amazing! She is getting stronger and stronger everyday! I am hoping that she will soon be able to hold her head on her own all the time and start gaining some control of her whole body! I can now put her in the infant side of her bathtub and most times she will sit up with the support of the back of the tub! We are still working on a lot of things such as rolling over from back to stomach( haven't done it yet but are getting pretty good from side to stomach), tracking toys from side to side and top to bottom, infant massage and Lot's of tummy time! She is now eating 3 baby food cubes 3 times a day which is equivalent to 1.5 jars at each feeding and is drinking 5 oz. in each bottle! She is getting so chubby! She is currently 14 pounds or at least she was the last time I checked.

Addisyn has now been seizure free for 53 days! That is a huge accomplishment and I get very excited each day that passes with no activity! She has another follow up with her Neurologist on June 23rd. I am very excited about this appointment and am very confident that we will make it seizure free until then!

Addisyn is a very busy little girl this summer between Neuro follow ups, multiple eye exams under GA with follow ups, healing and laser therapy! Her first laser therapy is set to begin on July 18Th. It is an outpatient procedure and have been told that we should be on our way home by noon! I am very excited about the laser but also very hesitant...I know all will work out the way it is supposed to though!!!!

John is keeping busy at work these days and has been working almost every Sunday for over a month now! He will be at US Cold Storage for 4 years next month! Hard to believe it has been that long already. They are currently in negotiations with their contract which has me a little nervous but I trust it will all work out in the end!

I have been really busy with the kids and running back and forth to appointments however they have settled down drastically! As long as nothing new comes up I wont be seeing another doctors office until Addisyn follow up with the Neuro on the 23rd! I never thought I would stop going to doctors several times a week but for now it is a great thing! I will continue to take Addisyn to healing during the summer which is twice a week in Livermore but we both really enjoy that time and we are seeing amazing things and understanding a lot more a lot better!!!

We were hoping to take several little trips here and there this summer but it doesn't look like we will be doing much however my grandparents will be here at the end of this month from AZ so the kids and I will be spending time with them at my parents. John will come up for the weekend so I am super excited about that! In August we will be taking a road trip to San Diego with John's dad and step mom. Brysen seems to have all of his grandparents wrapped around his finger and has them taking us all to Seaworld and Legoland! He is so excited and thinks we are going every morning when he wakes up! It is so hard trying to tell a 3 year old that it's not for 2 more months!

We hope to get Lot's and Lot's of swimming in at Dan Amma's this summer and hopefully will be able to take a boat trip or two to the lake!


I am really going to try and keep this blog updated as often as possible so be sure to check back often!

Love,
Krissta

2 comments:

Terrilynn said...

I am so glad Brysen is going to swimming lessons! he is a little fish already!!

Addisyn is amazing oh by the way I am sure her being vocal did NOT come from her dad lol. I love your blogs its a great way to keep up to date with you and your family!

Love you guys!

Terrilynn said...

I am happy to hear Brysen is going to swimming lessons, he is a little fish anyway! Get lots of pics.

Addisyn is amazing and I am sure her being vocal did NOT come from her dad lol, I love your blogs!!

Love you guys