CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 9, 2008

QUICK LITTLE UPDATE....

17 days post op 18 days post op
20 days post op
22 days post op

I know it has been a while since I last blogged but as most of you know Addisyn spent 4 days in the hospital last week. She has now been home for 7 days and is doing great! We spent most of this week going to follow up appointments and consultations for new procedures!

Addisyn's ear infection is now gone and she has been seizure free for 10 days! I hope we pass the old record of 108 days and keep going sooner rather than later! She is still on the Phenobarbital and will be at least until the 25th of this month when we start weaning her again. That day cannot come soon enough for us!

Since being put back on Phenobarbital, Addisyn has kind of back tracked and lost some of her strength but we are working very hard!!!

Today was a great day and I say this because I put Addisyn in her Bumbo seat and she did not fall over instantly. She was able to hold herself up a little again and this evening she started rolling over again on her own without any help! Those two things are things she lost after having that seizure and being put back on the Phenobarbital so those are two really huge steps for little Miss Addisyn!!!

This past Thursday I was very fortunate to get Addisyn and appointment with the Chief of Otolarygologist at Oakland Children's Hospital. He has agreed with me on the tube situation and will be performing Ear Tube Surgery on Addisyn on August 28th. We cannot wait for that surgery! I was so excited that I asked him if he could do it that second in his office...lol..

I will keep you all updated on Addisyn and her progress as we work so hard to get back to where we were before her hospital stay!

Brysen started his first week of real Preschool this week and is having so much fun! He is like a sponge and sucks in everything they are teaching him. I am so happy that he is able to do something fun that he likes to do and learn at the same time. We often feel bad that he doesn't get to do much with everything going on so it is great that he has preschool.
John and I are both doing quite well with the exception of me being sick off and on for the past week. We thought that I got the flu while being in the hospital but it turns out I have a really bad sinus infection. I got really sick again yesterday and thought I was going to die...I took myself to Urgent Care this morning and they gave me some antibiotics to take for the next 10 days...I hope that I am back to my old self way before that because at this point I can barely do anything. Thank God that John has been so awesome and been a huge help! I am truly greatful for him!!! He is the best husband and father I could have ever asked for and we all love him very much!!!
Hopefully now that we are all home again, I will be able to keep this blog updated as I did before....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im checking up on reading blogs and just had to comment. Addisyn is looking awesome. That is only after one treatment? I bet you are excited for the rest of them. How are you guys doing? I dont have much time to get online these days.