CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ear Tubes, Etc....

Addisyn and I went to Oakland yesterday to prepare for the big Ear Tube Surgery! We stayed in The Family House which is kind of like a Ronald McDonald House however in my opinion I would much rather stay at the Ronald McDonald house but I was greatful that we had that option...
Anyway....This morning Addisyn and I got up at 6:30 am to be at the Outpatient Surgery Center to register for surgery. We were taken over to the main hospital about an hour later and had to go through all of the normal Pre-Op stuff...We were then taken to the Surgery Center where they asked me a million more questions and then took Addisyn in for her procedure. The procedure itself only took about 5 minutes which was super fast...They still had to put her under Anesthesia and I think that part took the longest. She came out and woke up pretty quickly and we were on our way home within 30 minutes. The Dr. told me that the tubes will fall out within 6-12 months and if we need to, we can replace them at that time...Let's hope that putting in the tubes takes care of all the seizures since she has only had seizures when she has had an ear infection!!!
We started weaning Addisyn off of the Phenobarbital again this past Monday...John and I are both very excited yet very scared at the same time. We can't wait until she is off again so that we can see her progress like she did the last time. Hopefully this time will be the last time she is weaned off of that!
Brysen had his last day of Preschool yesterday! John and I made the decision to pull him out for the rest of this school year due to the fact that he was only in school for two months and has come home with 3 colds...With the upcoming flu and cold season and Addisyn still at risk for Preemie related illnesses we just couldn't risk it...He is ok with it and knows that he can go back next summer...
I was going to add some pictures but it is getting really late and we are still up packing to go to John's Auntie Vina's tomorrow for the holiday weekend...I will update with pictures next week when we get back home...I hope everyone has a fantastic and safe Labor Day weekend!

0 comments: